Friday, November 14, 2008

11 Years and counting...







Well, today is our 11 year anniversary and Eric spent it in Dayton (had to fly there yesterday) and I spent it at Kohl's enjoying a little shopping spree-buying ALL on sale! (Di you would be proud!) I lucked out at the register becuase the cashier had just gotten there and I asked her if there are any other additonal discounts, and she gave me an additional 15% off my purchases!...So it was a good day!






It was rainy and gloomy today, but they are in a drought so they really need it down here. It is supposed to get very cool here over the weekend-in the 30's for a low on Sunday...not looking forward to that. I guess it is November, so I'll have to get used to it getting cooler for the next few months. They tell me it will stay mostly in the 50--60's most of the time, but in January it will get in the 40's and even the 30's. That is the coldest month by far. By March, temps can already be in the high 70's to the low 80's, so it will be a few months of winter, but then should subside sooner than what I am used to as a buckeye. I always hated it when it was just plain cold-in the teens or single digits and there wasn't even any snow. You watch, becuase we are here now-they will have a blizzard and record low temps...






Jake gave a book report in front of his class today with many parents in attendance...including myself. He enjoyed it and did well. Sammy was less enthused, but did ok. We meet with his teachers next Friday to go over his school starting times,etc...






I didnt' realize just how busy I keep myself...this hanging out in a hotel room gets a little mundane, but it is what it is. I have cleaned out my purse and re-organized my cabinets and closet-again. I did my nails yesterday (!!!?!!)...I did catch an episode of the Golden Girls again, which I love and again watched the lovely court shows...they are quite humorous!






We are looking forward to our trip home to see family and friends over Thanksgiving...if anyone wants to chat during the day, give me a call!






4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Karen,
Yeah! I finally figured out how to see this and use it (hopefully)!! So glad you're posting so we can keep in touch. Love the house!! Can't wait to see it. Glad the boys are adjusting!! The house is near your deluxe accomodations? They won't need to change schools again, right? Hope all is well. Maybe we can catch a coffee (or soda) when you're in town. Miss you! Hello to all!!
Jennifer

Beavis said...

Hey girl! It is not far from our house, thank goodness. Our stuff is still in storage about an hour from here, so we just have to call and arrange for delivery-hopefully everything is still in one piece!:) But,yes they will not need to change schools again...Jake really seems to like it. Would love to see you...I'll give you a call when we are up!LOL!

Sandra said...

Hey,
Missing you guys. (which I know is a strange statement since I'm on the other side of the world at the moment.) :) Glad Jake seems to like his new school. Just can't wait to see all of you at Thanksgiving...which is soon!!

Di said...

Hey girl! I wish I could have been shopping with you! I did some shopping myself this weekend and got some more Chrismas gifts. I am glad Jake is enjoying school and adjusting well. I am sure you are looking forward to getting Sammy established and get him into a routine too.
Hopefully we can all catch up when you are in for Thanksgiving. I know you have lots of people to see in a short time! I can't believe that is next week already! Talk to you soon!