Saturday, November 8, 2008

First Week Continued...





































Okay, somehow this site deleted the majority of my post, so I will try and continue where I left off and re-post my pics!...I'll get the hang of this yet...

Although this move has been in front of me for a couple of months, the actual task of removing my keys from my key chain and placing them on my once cluttered counters was probably one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I immediately pictured my babies in their high chair sitting in my kitchen and crawling along my tiled floor. I could not go through my house "one last time"...All of my memories of my life as I know it now with Eric and the boys have all taken place in that house. Walking out of the front door was so hard...but I did it and we drove away. I left my precious, renovated gem in the hands of the next owners who I hope will love it as much as I did.


Saying good-bye to all of my family and to my "girls" was again difficult, but after tears and hugs, I was okay. Our new adventure was underway!

Our drive down was actually fun with the boys...Sammy loved every station we flipped through that had any heavy guitar playing...including Black Sabbath (!!?!)...I think my youngest is going to be the head banger in the family!...He also loved the Latino stations...go figure. Jake was pretty much into Star Wars that was playing on the dvd player...easy ride for them, really. Only took us about 7 and half hours and we arrived at our new destination...the Extended Stay Deluxe-and I'll have to say they are a bit lax on the "deluxe"!...After a quick room switch (some serious cleanliness issues) we were able to settle into a nice, clean room with a tv that didn't work....We have managed over the last week now to get pretty much used to this now-they at least supply us with towels and we get to use their lovely washer and dryer for laundry...for a mear $1.50 load. Makes you appreciate your own dryer filter...seriously-try cleaning out a dryer filter of someone else's lint, hair etc!!! Yuck!!!


It has officially been a week today-we have actually found a house we love and placed on offer on it this morning!!! We hope to hear by late morning tomorrow the status and I hope to have good news to share tomorrow-We are hoping to close soon, but will likely be the 1st of Dec.-so more good hotel living ahead for us the next few weeks....good times!


I'll keep you all posted on the latest!! I miss you all! btw-Di and Lisa-you will be proud of me- I have kept my 500 sq ft mini house clean-and the dishes have been done every day!!:) Love ya!







3 comments:

Di said...

I am very proud of you keeping your little place clean, but remember, you will now have to keep 3,000+ sq. ft. clean!! Don't forget what I told you about surprise visits and inspections!! We are very excited to come see your new home once you get in. Make room for Morgan's new big stuffed dog. I will be sure to send you a picture of her with it!
We miss you and wish you all the best with finalizing everything for the new house!
Talk to you soon!

Sandra said...

Can't wait to hear about the house!! Talk to you soon. Hugs to the boys.

Kris said...

What a nice website! So good to hear what's been going on...even though I spoke w/ you a few times already:) I love the pics! So cute! I can't wait to hear about your new home....I'll pray all goes through w/ no hitches! Did you get your GPS yet? God love ya! You'll be a pro with those roads in not time. I'll check in with you soon! Have a great weekend! Love ya girl!