Thursday, November 20, 2008

On the mend...

I'm happy to report that Jake is on the mend and by mid-day was out of bed with a light sabre in hand...good sign things are getting pretty much back to normal. Sammy was no longer treating Jake like he had the plague and I think the threat of passing this "flu" is over...hopefully I'm not jinxing myself here! I doubt, really, it was the flu...when they both had it last year, they literally were horribly sick for 8 days...high fevers, vomiting, the works...I think this time it was in something he ate...no more micrawaveable teriyaki chicken here!

I was, however, in this room ALL day...That wasn't so much fun. I can only clean this space for so long. I was happy however to have laundry to put away...that is not something I say everyday!:) Jake got caught up on his homework and seems ready for the morning. Tomorrow is a big day here in Georgia! I actually have a whopping 4 things to do...in ONE day-OUT of the hotel room!!! I'm so excited!! We meet with Sammy's teachers in the morning and then we meet the granite people at the new house for measurements for the new counters. Then we meet with the electrician to go over the breaker box issues in the basement. Then Jake has a follow up appt with his new pediatrician in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting around abit and getting some fresh air. I have been using the new GPS and it is so nice...and her voice is actually quite pleasant to listen to.

Ordered pizza for dinner tonight for me and Sammy-Eric got to go to a Georgia Tech football game. The pizza was not very good-so far every pizza place we have tried here isn't worth re-ordering. I have yet to find a good "new york" pizza place even though they mention they are a "new york" pizza joint. Hopefully I'll find something good soon. Jake didn't partake of our dinner quite yet-he was satisfied with a breadstick, oyster crackers and pudding...not taking any chances. I promised him if he was well all night and tomorrow we would take him to his new favorite restaurant down here...Taco Mac. It is NOT a mexican place as you would assume. It is like a Rooster's back home...bar type family joint with wings, chicken,etc...they state they have over 370 types of beer. The boys like it there because of the jumbo ride on games they like to play as soon as you walk in the door. I will say their salso is Awesome!!!..Just like Cazadores for those of you in Ohio. Let's hope things go well tonight and tomorrow!

I already have things packed for next week. Counting down the days...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear Jake is feeling better. Nothing worse than getting sick in a hotel room!! There's no where to go!
Can't wait to see your new house! Love your updates. Hello to everyone for me! :)
Have a safe trip up for Thanksgiving!!
Miss you!