Sunday, November 9, 2008

Homeless no more!!!


Great news today...we officially have a contract on a house!! We are excited to be leaving our deluxe accomadations!! Our close date is set for the 3rd of December, just after we get back from visiting family over Thanksgiving. The inspection is set for Wednesday morning, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that things go smoothly and we won't have a repeat of house #1. I think my Dad will sleep easier now!


Today, we found a barber that was open on Sunday and Jake had his first official haircut with a professional! Check out his groovy new do above! I guess I'm hanging up the clippers...I'm letting his hair grow a little more on the top since it is cooler, but I won't let the hair shag over his ears...that drives me nuts! I'm sure they will both get their marine-like do's come summer. Sammy refused to get in the chair, so I'm afraid he will be a little shaggy until I can locate my clippers to give him a trim. He wears a hat 24/7 so that won't be an issue really-most people don't even know he actually has hair!


I cooked breakfast in our "kitchen"-fun making scrambled eggs with no mixing bowl or wisk...had to do with fork and cereal bowl, but worked ok. Thank goodness I had little salt and pepper packets left over from takeout a few days ago. Got to remember to get some salt and pepper! My fridge is loaded with food, but I couldn't buy food you had to bake in an oven, since we don't have one. Can only use a microwave and stove top-makes it heard to grocery shop that is for sure! Most of you know me and respect my cooking prowess, so I'm sure you all are shocked how well I can function in a non-gourmet kitchen.


We are headed to the boys' school tomorrow to register them and get them enrolled. Hopefully they will start back up on Tuesday or Wed...I wil have to drive them until we actually move into out house in December. I'm sure they are ready for a break from "mommy leis elementary"...or perhaps their teacher is!:)


Hope all is well with everyone!

xoxo

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yeah!!! Can't wait to hear about the details and pictures. See you soon!

Di said...

I have been showing your house off to everyone and they all love it! I am so excited to come visit. Just check that there aren't any gators or large snakes coming out of that lake in back!! :) You know me and wildlife!!

Lisa said...

Love the blog and especially love the name!! Di shared the link to the house - gorgeous. Did you notice it had light colored carpet?? Just kidding! Am so excited to see it. Keep blogging - it's such a great way to know what's happening with you. Miss you!!